Tesco plc is the third largest retailer in the world (Wal-Mart and Carrefour being the biggest). It is now a multinational company with many products other than traditional food retailing. In 2009 Tesco has a 30.5% market share in grocery in the UK.
Tesco’s Main Business Areas
Tesco has embraced the Internet extremely well and utilised a series of websites to manage its different operations. Its home delivery services is one of the most well respected in the industry.
Tesco provide a huge array of services. The brand may be the Tesco supermarket but their product range covers every part of our lives.
Tesco also run garden centres, telecoms and broadband, fuel, invests in film making, has a record label, gold exchange, tyres and beauty salons.
The wide range of services can be seen by its many websites:
- Tesco.com – Online grocery shopping
- Direct.tesco.com – Home, electrical, toys and entertainment
- Phone-shop.tesco.com – dedicated mobile phone online store
- Clothingattesco.com – dedicated online clothing store
- Tescofinance.com – online banking, mortgages, credit cards, loans and insurance
- Tesco.net – special site for its Clubcard members
- Tescoentertainment.com – just DVD, Blu-Ray, CD, MP3 and Games
- Tescodvdrental.com – Online DVD rentals
- Tescophoto.com – Online photo printing service
- Tescoopticians.com – low cost glasses and contact lenses
- Tescoforschoolsandclubs.co.uk – Dedicated school voucher site
- Tescosoftware.com – Includes tech support, antivirus, photo editing, office software
Tesco headquarters is in Chesthunt. It was founded in 1919 by Jack Cohen amd the first store opened in 1929.
Tesco Head Office:
- Tesco Stores Ltd
- New Tesco House
- Delamare Road
- Herts EN8 9SL
- Tel: 01992 632222
Dedicated Investor Relations team:
- Tel: +44 (0) 1992 646484
- Email: email@example.com
Tesco’s Company Registrar
- Aspect House
- Spencer Road
- West Sussex
- BN99 6DA
- Telephone: 0800 169 1679 (UK only)
- Telephone: +44 (0) 121 415 7073
- Fax: +44 (0) 1903 833168
- Investment Portal: www.shareview.co.uk/dealing
Tesco Dividend Payments
Tesco pay two dividends each year, an interim dividend in December and a final dividend in July.
Dividends are paid in cash or shareholders can elect to have their cash dividend automatically reinvested (the Dividend Reinvestment plan) to buy new shares.
Tesco also operate an ISA. Contact the Equiniti ISA team on 0845 300 0430 for details.