BP Plc. is the 3rd largest oil company in the world, and the 4th largest company. It was founded in 1909 as the Anglo-Persian Oil Company and from 1954 until 1999 was called the British Petroleum Company. BP employ around 80,000 people globally and 2010 revenue was US $308.9 billion.
It is one of the “Supermajor” oil companies, which also includes Chevron Corporation, ExxonMobil Corporation, Royal Dutch Shell plc and Total S.A.
BP’s Major Products and Services
- BP petroleum and derived products
- BP service stations
- Air BP Aviation Fuels
- Castrol motor oil
- ARCO gas stations
- am/pm convenience stores
- Aral service stations solar panels
Mergers and Acquisitions
- 1998 merger with Amoco (formerly Standard Oil of Indiana) – renamed BP Amoco
- 2000 BP Amoco acquired Arco and Burmah Castrol
- 2001 name-change to BP Plc. – new tagline “Beyond Petroleum”
BP still sod petroleum as “Amoco” in many American states to retain the successful branding until 2008 when it rebranded many stations to help promote BP Gasoline with Invigorate, a new high grade of petrol.
- BP p.l.c.
- International Headquarters
- 1 St James’s Square
- London, SW1Y 4PD
- Phone: +44 (0)20 7496 4000
- Fax: +44 (0)20 7496 4630
- Website: www.bp.com
- Equiniti Limited
- Aspect House Spencer Road
- West Sussex BN99 6DA
- Freephone 0800 701107 (inside the UK)
- Tel: +44 (0) 121 415 7005 (outside the UK)
- Fax: +44 (0) 871 384 2100
- Text phone: +44 (0) 871 384 2255
UK shareholder dealing services
- Equiniti Shareview Dealing
- Tel: 0871 384 2020
BP Dividend Payments
BP pays 4 dividends per year, one each quarter. They also offer a DRIP (dividend reinvestment plan) to allow you to automatically reinvest your cash dividend to purchase new shares.
BP historic dividend payments are listed on the BP shareholder’s webpage: www.bp.com/extendedgenericarticle.do?categoryId=9033038&contentId=7060565